Thursdays 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm
Come experience Gong played 'The Sound Healing Way' in a big beauitully acutisic studio in Scottsdale. Modern Yoga is the best place to be. Come raise your vibration, relax, reset, feel, be and belong.
Sound meditation is a mental practice engaging your attention to sound. Sound acts as an auditory stimulus that overrides the activity in the brain and synchronizes the brain’s activity to the frequencies and rhythmic patterning being heard. When used with live sound, the experience is not just with the ears, it is a full body sensory experience in which the body comes into direct contact with vibrations. It is sound that makes this type of meditation practice unique. The sound waves travel as energy from the sound source to the listener, who may then experience a shift in awareness, increased alertness, an ease in mental activity and reduced discursive thinking patterns.
FYI: DAYS I WILL BE GONE.
SUNDAYS 2:00 pm to 3:15 pm
Come experience Gong played 'The Sound Healing Way' in a big beautifully artistic studio in Scottsdale. Modern Yoga is the best place to be. Come raise your vibration, relax, reset, feel, be and belong.
Gong Therapy: Gongs are relatively unknown but an extremely powerful form of meditation. Gong meditation has been around for thousands of years as a way of healing. This particular therapy is used to aid in stress reduction, breaking up emotional blockages within each person that practices this technique. The sound of the gongs are incredibly soothing. Gongs sounds are used to create an incredible sense of calm and focus. Research has found the gong, The Sound Healing Way, trains the mind for meditation. It has also been shown to Reduce pain, enhance creativity, and create a sense of Oneness.Sound meditation has a biochemical effect, reducing stress hormones and creates a feeling of contentment and relaxation.
- A gong bath is a form of sound therapy where the gong is played in a therapeutic way to bring about healing; this can be done as a one to one or group treatment.
- The term gong bath means that you are bathed in sound waves, there is no water involved, or clothes removed.
- Ideally you will experience the gong bath lying comfortably on your back on yoga mats, or blankets that I supply.
- All you have to do is lie comfortably and close your eyes and relax. I then begin by playing the gongs very softly, increasing the volume as the session progresses (the volume never gets unbearable as I am playing therapeutically). I change the playing technique frequently so there is no fixed rhythm which results in the brain not being able to follow and entrainment takes place. Entrainment is the changing of brainwave frequencies.
- Alpha brainwave state is achieved very quickly and is followed by the Theta brainwave state.
- Alpha waves are defined as brainwave frequencies between 8 and 12 Hz. Daydreaming, imagination and associative thinking are all part of alpha brainwave activity. Alpha waves are present in states of relaxation.
- Theta waves are defined as brainwave frequencies between 4 and 7 Hz. Theta waves occur during dreaming sleep - or REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, although they also occur during deep meditation.
- Theta brainwave frequencies are most often where the gongs will take you. You will most likely enter a dreamlike, deep meditative state. Some people might enter the Delta brainwave state (deep sleep frequency). Theta brainwave is a good state of consciousness to be in for healing to occur.
- After a continuous forty minutes of gong playing, I start to wind down and play very gently, I then spend a little time with bells, and The Ocean Drum as a means of grounding, and then bring you out of the meditation with positive affirmations.
- The gong is an amazing and powerful instrument for healing work; I recommend that you take it easy for the rest of the day to allow the treatment to continue to do its work. I also advise that you drink plenty of water.